An activity introducing pupils in more depth to the power of photographs to convey identity.
- I can participate in class discussion, listen to and respect the views of others
- I can write using descriptive language to express my opinions and ideas.
An activity focused on citizenship, rights and responsibilities.
- I can use descriptive words to express ideas in writing
- I can talk about how my choices and actions affect my community and the world
- I can begin to talk about the difference between rights and privileges.
My Place in the World
A vibrant and visual way to explore the places that are important to your pupils and which influence their lives.
- I can talk about my experience and opinions with confidence
- I can use drama to express my ideas and experiences
- I can listen to and respect the views of others.
An activity exploring the human points of connection by encouraging and supporting discussions around tolerance, self-image and aspiration.
- I can understand and talk about what’s important to me
- I can understand, talk about and celebrate difference
- I can begin to understand and talk about personal goals
- I can begin to understand and talk about how I can support others in reaching their goals.
An activity that encourages pupils to think about their future aspirations by visually placing an image of themselves in different contexts.
- I can understand and talk about what makes me unique
- I can understand and talk about values
- I can create and use a timeline.
A Day in Our Life
By recording moments in the life of a classroom over a day, week or longer, pupils develop a different perspective on the passage of time and their life in school, while at the same time slowly creating an alternative class photo.
- I can explore time-lapse photography to tell a story
- I can understand and talk about what makes our class interesting and unique.
A large-scale group artwork that encourages discussion and collaboration to explore how we ‘own’ and represent our identity.
- I can use art to express my feelings and opinions
- I can collaborate with others to create a piece of work
- I can understand and talk about how an artwork can tell a story.